- We grow Number One Grade Turfgrass Nursery Sod in 2' x 5' rolls.
- Our 10 sq. ft. rolls are consistently cut and neatly stacked on pallets with our new harvester. Each pallet is mechanically piled to ensure patterns that allow you to grab any roll from the pallet and begin installing your instant lawn.
We provide prompt delivery of our sod using truck mounted forklifts and ensure the quality of the sod when it arrives with our covered trucks.
Measuring & Ordering Sod
- SOD IS PERISHABLE
- Order sod after all preparatory work is completed
- Prompt installation on the day of delivery is crucial to strong beginning for your lawn
- With a tape, measure the area of your planned lawn
- Calculate the square footage needed
- Each roll covers ten square feed, so divide total area by 10 and add 2% for waste
- If you’re not sure, make a sketch of the lawn area with the length, width and any unusual features and we will be happy to calculate the amount of turfgrass sod you will need
- Remove all debris from the area.
- Grade and shape area to desired contours.
- Top Soil should be available to a depth of 8 to 10 cm (3-4 inches). If this amount of top soil is not available, it must be added.
- Prepare the soil by rototilling to a depth of 8 to 10 cm (3-4 inches) rototilling first one way, and then the other way.
- Add Fertilizer at the rate of 10 Kilograms per 100 sq. metres (20lb/1000ft2) and rototill or rake to depth of 5 cm. Recommended fertilizer 5-20-20 or similar ratio.
- Rake top 3 cm. to a smooth, even surface, and roll lightly to show up any depressions.
- Sod should be laid as soon as possible. In no case later than 24 hours after delivery.
For pick-up customers, call ahead to arrange a pick-up time. Keep in mind that one skid (700ft2) of sod can weigh over 2000lb. Make sure your vehicle can handle this load safely. Don't forget tie down straps.