Measuring & Ordering Sod
- SOD IS PERISHABLE
- Order sod after all preparatory work is completed
- Prompt installation on the day of delivery is crucial to strong beginning for your lawn
- With a tape, measure the area of your planned lawn
- Calculate the square footage needed
- Each roll covers ten square feed, so divide total area by 10 and add 2% for waste
- If you’re not sure, make a sketch of the lawn area with the length, width and any unusual features and we will be happy to calculate the amount of turfgrass sod you will need
- Remove all debris from the area.
- Grade and shape area to desired contours.
- Top Soil should be available to a depth of 8 to 10 cm (3-4 inches). If this amount of top soil is not available, it must be added.
- Prepare the soil by rototilling to a depth of 8 to 10 cm (3-4 inches) rototilling first one way, and then the other way.
- Add Fertilizer at the rate of 10 Kilograms per 100 sq. metres (20lb/1000ft2) and rototill or rake to depth of 5 cm. Recommended fertilizer 5-20-20 or similar ratio.
- Rake top 3 cm. to a smooth, even surface, and roll lightly to show up any depressions.
- Sod should be laid as soon as possible. In no case later than 24 hours after delivery.