Healthy turf will withstand infestation and recover faster than neglected turf. Here are some guides for healthy turf:
- Use enough fertilizer to keep grass growing vigorously - but avoid the extreme of over stimulation.
- Mow before the grass gets too tall.
- Cut no more than 3 cm of the leaf surface at any one time.
- Keep your mower sharp.
- Don't allow clippings to accumulate to the extent that they form a mat.
- Remove thatch as required.
- Avoid frequent waterings which tend to keep the grass wet.